When the doctor said, “You are Fat” I decided it was time to get fit and lose some kilos. I started walking and progressed to running. My younger brother (Stan) suggested buying a bike to do some cross training – something we could do together (and compete against each other like all brothers do), outside of work. Somehow cross-training graduated to 24 Hour Mountain Bike racing…something I now love to do; I love the physical and mental challenge of this type of race.
I am a father of three young kids, (they together with my wife are my awesome pit/support crew) and I operate a busy family earthmoving business therefore there is not a lot of time for a strict training schedule - as I don’t know when or where the next ride will be – it could be commuting to Coburg or hanging laps of Yarran Dheran , every ride is at the same speed - quick!
The support of the Team @ Bicycles Inc, Jano, Sal & Sam keeps me riding!
Choc-jam donuts with sprinkles on top!
Anything but Heavy Metal
Mitcham to Coburg
- 2nd place Kona Dirty Weekend 24 Hour Men's Pairs, Cuddlee Creek, SA 2011
- 9th Konda Dirty Weekend 24 Hour Men's Solo, Cuddlee Creek, SA 2010
- 30th 24 Hour World Solo Championships Men's Elite, Mount Stromlo, ACT 2010
- 1st place Jeep 24 Hour Men's Pairs, Forrest VIC, 2010
- 2nd place Kona 24 hour Men's Pairs Forrest, VIC 2009