I grew up with aspirations of playing Cricket for Australia. I enjoyed the winter months playing Australian Rules football. Though I never considered myself an Œathlete¹ and based my love for the sports on technical poise and execution (meaning I couldn¹t run out of sight in 2 weeks) Currently, I have been studying Business at Curtin University whilst investing the majority of time between Uni and triathlon in the growth of my fitness empire- mBody Fitness.
January 2009 saw the start of training for a new challenge - triathlon and in the bigger form of Ironman. Competing in the Perth Australia Day Triathlon that year, I continued to complete a metro tri season, Half Ironman and Ironman race all in his first year of the sport.
Coached by Andrew Budge, of Trysport, I managed to finish the first Ironman in Busselton with a surprising time for all involved, including myself, and hence developed a new thirst for a different sport.
For now, I continue to race as an Amateur throughout Australia and Internationally in the hope to take World Champion honours in the 18-24 category over the Ironman distance.
I have managed to qualify for the Ironman and Ironman 70.3 world champs in
2011 and so all energies are now focussed and locking on the target set.
Watch the ŒBLOG¹ for training, life, and commentary thought based updates.
Matty, Burto, Birdman...
Swan View, Perth, 6056
Student/Fitness Consultant/Company Director
Yogurt, Bananas (under $10.00/kg), Blueberries
Coffee and extra strong Coffee
Happy to mix n match
Ace Ventura- Pet Detective & Coach
"Ride your bike, Ride your bike, Ride your bike"
For the W.A locals- New Norcia Return (embrace all elements)
- Triathlon W.A 18-24 ²Triathlete of the year²
- 2010-11 Western Australian State 18-24a.g Long Course Champion
- 2010-11 TriEvents Bike Sure Tri Series 18-24 a.g Champion
- 1st ³Age group athlete² Busselton 70.3 2011
- Singapore 70.3- 1st 18-24/2nd ³Age group Athlete²/17th place Overall
- Busselton 70.3- 1st 18-24/1st ³Age group Athlete²/13th place Overall
- Ironman Australia 2010, Port Macquarie- 1st Place 18-24/49th Place Overall (kona qualification 2010)
- Capricorn Half Ironman, Yeppoon- 2nd Place 18-24/20th Place Overall
- Ironman Western Australia, Busselton- 1st Place 18-24/21st Overall (Kona qualification 2011)