- Date: Saturday 10th - 12th March
- Location: Mount Buller, Victoria, Australia
- What: Mountain bike festival, race and demo
The Bike Buller Mountain Bike Festival presented by Giant is a three day stage race at Mt Buller in Victoria’s high country that will see a range of events for riders of all levels taking place in an incredible alpine landscape.
This revolutionary event brings all that is great about mountain biking to one spectacular location for a massive weekend of riding, single track, bikes, fresh air and partying at a place that is renowned for good times.
Giant Bicycles Australia will have a number of demo bikes available including the Anthem X 29er 0 and Trance X 0 models. Bookings will be taken during the event, please ensure to bring with you:
- Your own pedals if not Shimano SPD or Flat pedals
- Suitable clothing for mountain biking
- Plenty of water and some snacks (we'll provide some as well)
- An Australia Standards approved helmet
- Current Australian Driver's License or Credit Card
As a new feature for 2012, the event also coincides with the March Long Weekend and the popular ‘Picnic in the Park’ food, wine and music festival at Mt Buller... does it get any better!
Events included as part of the long weekend include:
- Stage 1 - A Stirling Circuit: 30km or 50km cross country (XC): over Mt Stirling and back again on the incredible new ‘Stonefly’ single track and other flowing trails all in a magical alpine setting
- Stage 101 - The Kids Race - 10km: held on the single track around the village - designed to gives kids their own fun MTB experience
- Stage 2 - The 5hr Brakeburner Enduro: a 5hr mutli-lap enduro down a flowing XC-downhill course where you catch the lift up as part of each 6km lap until the final 12km descent Super D Mt Buller to the food, fine and music festival at the bottom of the Mt. Suitable for XC bikes.
- Stage 2b The Mt Buller Super D: a friendly 12km top to bottom race down a flowing 1,100m vertical descent to festival at the base of the hill. Suitable for XC bikes.
- Stage 3 – Cornhill cranker: 25km XC: on the flowing singletrack around the Mt Buller village and neighbouring Corn Hill
Do one race or do them all, riders of all abilities welcome to participate and enjoy the atmosphere.
Entry to the Picnic in the Park food, wine and music festival in the Mirimbah parkland at the base of the mountain
Bike Expo with a range of bike industry stands, displays and more
Plenty of activities and things for non riders to do includign the renowned Merijig Rodeo – bring the family
Range of discounted accommodation on the mountain to suit any budget or style
Round out the weekend with a casual BBQ and presentations on Monday afternoon
The Bike Buller MTB Festival is designed as a super fun mountain bike event for everyone; racers can race, recreational riders can enjoy the trails and the scenery, non riders can do their own thing and we can all get together to enjoy a good party on Saturday night. This is what riding is all about!
For more information and to enter visit the official site here.